PC / Laptop Sales
If you would like to discuss your needs, call us on 01844 291110
Contact Boffins for all your PC, Laptop & Thin Client requirements!
We hand pick tried and tested components for our Boffins devices to help ensure your machine offers excellent performance, reliability, and security albeit at a competitive price point.
If portability is important, we can supply and configure laptops and mini PCs at different price points, and we will be happy to recommend a solution for you whatever your needs!
This ultra-compact device, is portable, energy efficient and yet powerful enough to run todays demanding applications.
Boffins Mini PCs are proof that big things really can come in small packages. With dimensions of just 4” x 4”, these incredible machines are small enough to take with you wherever you go, and quiet enough to use as a media PC at home.
Due to the latest Intel Core i3, i5 & i7 processors, superfast DDR4 memory, SSD storage and dual screen outputs you won’t even need to compromise on performance compared with a conventional desktop.
- Ultra-small Form Factor (4” x 4” x 2”)
- Very Low Power Consumption*
- Ultra Quiet* (no fan)
- High Performance Intel Core i3, i5 & i7 Processor options
- Up to 32GB DDR4 Memory
- Super Fast SSD Drive
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics and Audio
- Dual Screen Support
- 4x USB3 Ports
- 10/100/1000 Network Port
- VESA (monitor) Mountable
- Customisable Components
*approx. 50% quieter and uses 75% less power than the equivalent desktop PC according to independent tests.
The Boffins PC offers a scalable platform that can be tailored to your needs. The internal components are all sourced from market leading manufacturers and are rigorously tested for reliability and compatibility.
- Choose from a range of Dual and Quad Core Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 processors.
- Configurable with up to 64GBytes of RAM (64bit operating system required)
- Able to accommodate large HDD or SSD drives to meet all your data storage requirements. The Boffins PC can be configured with up to 4 hard drives where each hard drive is mounted on rubber vibration absorbers.
- Powerful graphics cards are available for gaming and multimedia applications.
- All Boffins PCs are designed for Windows 10
Here at Boffins we can adapt standard laptops to your specifications, we can provide additional memory and upgrade disks. We can help you find the best device for you, for your budget.
We are also partnered with Lenovo and Hewlett Packard so call us now to find out how we can assist you with your laptop purchase.
A Thin Client is a lightweight, fan-less computer that doesn’t have a hard drive, but connects to a server to perform its computing. Because all applications, sensitive data, memory and programs are stored on the server instead of on the device itself, Thin Client computing is considered a virtual desktop computing model (VDI). Centralised computing in general- and Thin Clients in particular- are better than PCs at protecting organisations from the havoc of malware. This is because even if a user does accidentally click on a malicious link, the Thin Client will not be able to spread the virus to other Thin Clients. In addition, Thin Clients that run on a Linux operating system and automatically receive recommended security updates are nearly impossible to manipulate.
What are the benefits of desktop virtualisation (VDI)?
Desktop virtualization allows IT to centrally manage all endpoints while lowering IT costs and complexity. VDI empowers better IT for better business.
- Reduce IT cost and complexity. Radically reduce the overall cost, infrastructure complexity and the resources associated with onsite management.
- Built for enterprise. Low touch deployment works at any scale and includes high availability, shared work spaces and built-in security.
- Consistently updated, constantly current.
- Easy customisation
- Endpoint management system included.
- VDI success ensured.
- Embedded security.
- More backend control.
Switching from a PC environment to Thin Clients
Over the years, with multiple upgrades and purchases, it’s not uncommon for firms to experience IT chaos. Many companies have the same challenge: brand new PCs alongside totally obsolete ones, mixed in with thin clients from various manufacturers. The main problem is that the various workstations are equipped with different operating systems which means that applications, data and user profiles and not available at each workstation. Many businesses make the switch to thin clients because of the savings, security and efficiency of desktop virtualization (VDI). Unlike a standard PC environment, VDI allows IT to centrally manage all endpoints.
- Data and System Security Solutions, Internet and Network,
- Infrastructure; Server, Storage and Back Up Solutions,
- Network Solution Specialists,
- Flexible IT Support Services; Onsite, Remote and Telephone,
- Office 365 Cloud Solutions,
- Wireless Technologies, Internal and External,
- Fully Managed, Outsourced Services,
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity,
- Systems Upgrades,
- Data Cabling,
- Hardware and Software Sales,
- Workshop Repairs,
- Remote Monitoring,
- GDPR Guidance,
- Cyber Security Reviews