Windows 7 loses support imminently. It’s time to embrace Windows 10
Windows 7 End of Support (EOS) is due imminently, and is set to leave users in a risky position, meaning it has never been more crucial to transition to Windows 10 Pro devices.
As of 14th January 2020, PCs running Windows 7 will no longer receive updates or support – and should not be considered protected because security updates will come to an end.
This leaves anyone still using Windows 7 in a dangerous position.
Why you should upgrade your devices
- Windows 7 security updates end in January 2020. After that, new vulnerabilities won’t be fixed by Microsoft.
- Modern devices running Windows 10 Pro are faster and more efficient. A four-year-old device would only be half as fast. Older devices running Windows 7 will be even further behind.
- Windows 10 Pro is the ultimate version of Windows. It’s designed to be definitive. No more editions to upgrade to. Just regular, incremental updates to keep it at the cutting edge for the foreseeable future.
- Collaboration is easier than ever. Because Windows 10 Pro is designed to work seamlessly with cloud technology, accessing and working with colleagues around the world has never been simpler.
- New Windows 10 Pro devices will save businesses money. That’s not just because of their increased efficiency. They’re more reliable and longer lasting than older devices running Windows 7, which will need aftermarket security updates to stay safe for use anyway. Over their lifespan, they will save businesses significant sums.